Your village describes the collection of structures on your 48 x 48 block Village Plot. Over the course of the first 50 hours of the Challenge, your team will construct Technology Level 1-4 houses, Community Buildings and decorations (flowers, paintings, etc.) to increase the Population Capacity of your Village and the Happiness of your village. As you construct additional Housing, more Polycraft World Refugees will decide to settle on your verdant island, call it home and become your Villagers. Refugees will arrive each Minecraft day at 10 AM based on the number of valid beds in your village. More advanced houses are able to hold more beds and be built with increasing numbers of stories to increase your population density.
To "merely" upgrade your village to Technology Level 4, (or 8 in Round 2, the Championship Round), you do not need to be concerned about your Villagers' well-being and Happiness. However this will have a big effect on your final score. As you engineer your village and unlock new Community Buildings, you must be creative in your civil engineering to position structures for maximum utility to increase you amenities score and bolster each Villager's happiness. It is likely that winning teams will use advanced Power Tools to rapidly tear down and renovate structures as the teams progress through different ages.
- Your Polycraft Village must be built on your Village Plot located on your team's unique Polycraft Island.
- Your Polycraft Village will consist of Housing at different Technology Levels enabling increasing Population Capacity per dwelling.
- As you increase the size of your Polycraft Village, Polycraft World Refugees will settle and become industrious villagers.
- Your Polycraft Village should contain a Storeroom with at least one Community Chest to reap the rewards of your hardworking Villagers.
- Your Polycraft Village should contain Community Buildings that improve Community Access of your Villagers to keep them happier.
- Your Polycraft Village houses should de designed with a certain Ambience to also improve Villager Happiness.