- Don't have an account yet? - Register
- Haven't installed the mod yet? - Installation Guide
- Need the latest version? - Direct Download
- Want to see the latest $2,000 weekly scholarship competitions? - Polycraft World Scholarships
Server IP addresses:
- beryllium: polycraft-game.cloudapp.net:25567
- lithium: polycraft-game.cloudapp.net:25566
- carbon (Experiments server): 184.108.40.206:25565
Minecraft is a popular world builder computer game in which each voxel in an artificial world represents a block of material such as wood, dirt, stone, water, glass, etc. Players are immersed in a 3-D world in which each block can be mined, chopped, dug or harvested and rebuilt elsewhere. Players collect resources to build better tools, collect rare resources and begin to build civilizations on massive multiplayer servers. Every 10 minutes, night falls and enemies emerge. Players must fight, or build structures to protect themselves. As the game progresses, players can mine materials like redstone which can be crafted into diodes, switches and triggers and allows users to build circuitry in this virtual world. YouTube videos show monumental constructions of working computers, automatic farming and mining and replica castles and civil structures. Millions of users interact in these creative virtual realms.
Polycraft World is a comprehensive mod for Minecraft that introduces features ranging from petrochemical refining and harvesting of new ore types to the construction of polymers, plastics and many specialty items based on the new additions. Enterprising players can build tree taps and extract natural rubber from trees to build rubber blocks, pogo sticks and more. Adventurers can find above ground oilfields and mine custom minerals and elements including copper, tin, nickel, platinum, palladium, silver and more... Engineers can construct machining mills to make molds from metal ingots such as titanium, magnesium, manganese, cobalt, nickel, antimony, tungsten, platinum, bismuth and aluminum and from alloys such as brass and bronze. Materials scientists can create injection molders and extruders to melt process a whole range of polymers into running shoes, scuba gear, plastic bricks, a host of gripped tools and more... Aspiring chemical engineers, can advance into the age of oil through distillation columns, steam crackers, merox treatment units and chemical processors. This allows the production of increasingly sophisticated polymers and other materials that opens the door for overpowered items such as jet packs, scuba tanks, flame throwers and phase shifters. This and more awaits in Polycraft World!
Major Differences from Vanilla Minecraft
- You will start the game in the center of UT Dallas campus and not be able to edit things. You can venture outward, explore the UT Dallas campus or warp to your own Private Property using these teleport commands.
- Communication over long distances has become more sophisticated.
- Your preferred world will merge all private property you own into a global file every 24 hours and resync will all game servers. Thus private property syncs across the universe of Polycraft World servers.
- Each week, a new $2,000 scholarship competition will be announced for the "Polycrafter of the Week" starting August 24, 2018.
Item Page Links
- List of Polycraft Items, Polycraft Inventories and Polycraft Custom Objects
- List of Polymer Pellets, Polymer Walls, Polymer Stairs, Polymer Blocks, Polymer Fibers and Polymer Bricks
- List of List of Molds, Molded Items and Gripped Tools
- List of Polycraft Ores, Compressed Blocks, Polycraft Ingots, and Polycraft Catalysts
- List of Element Vessels and Compound Vessels
- Unformatted Recipes
- [video] - craft and deploy a tree tap
- video - smelt your first polyIsoprene block
- [video] - craft a pogo stick
- [video] - craft a machining mill and mill your first metal mold
- [video] - craft an injection molder and try molding your first running shoes, grips, etc.
- video - prepare for an undersea adventure by molding scuba fins, a scuba mask and a flashlight
- video - craft an extruder and try extruding your first fibers, hoses, etc.
1.4 Distill (Level 4 - You will be a Level 4 Polycrafter when you build a distillation column)
- video - craft an industrial oven
- video - craft your first fueled inventories: fueled lamps and spotlights
- video - how to make PolyPropylene (PP) and Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- video - auto upcycling in plastic chests: keeping your chemicals straight
- video - craft a steam cracker
- video - cracking alkanes into alkenes: a guide to better plastics faster
- video - manufacturing medium grade rubbers
1.5 Crack (Level 5 - You will be a Level 5 Polycrafter when you build a steam cracker )
- video - craft a merox treatment unit
- video - sweeten fuels to extend life and to power jet packs and flamethrowers
1.6 Treat (Level 6 - You will be a Level 6 Polycrafter when you build a merox treatment unit )
- video - craft a chemical processor
- video - process plastics to improve their properties: faster shoes, better gripped tools, bouncier blocks, etc.
1.7 Process, Condense (Level 7 - You will be a Level 7 Polycrafter when you build a chemical processor )
1.8 Frack (Level 8 - You will be a Level 8 Polycrafter when you build an oil derrick )
- video - petrochemical refining at scale
- video - getting to ABS and Plastic Bricks
- video - rapid construction with Plastic Bricks
Note: The leveling system is automatic and your level can be found on your player page here
Section 2 - (Advanced) Engineering Automation in Polycraft
2.1 - A Drastic Fantastic Elastic Tactic: the Natural Rubber Farm (video - coming soon)
2.2 - Need for Speed: Creating a Shoe Factory to equip your server (video - coming soon)
2.3 - Handling your New Grip on Life: Mass manufacturing toward gripped tools (video - coming soon)
2.4 - Distilling it Down to the Basics: How to automate petrochemical refining (video - coming soon)
2.5 - Bouncing to New Heights: How to set up a parkour adventure (video - coming soon)
2.6 - Flame-broiled Steak - Using flame throwers and cattle to feed your server (video - coming soon)
Section 3 - (Expert) Polymer Tech Trees --Coming soon
3.1 - PolyIsoPrene (Natural Rubber)
3.2 - Low Density PolyEthylene (PE)
3.3 - PolyPropylene (PP)
3.4 - PolyStyrene (PS)
3.5 - PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC)
3.6 - Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
3.7 - Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
3.8 - PolyEthylene Terephthalate (PET)
3.9 - PolyCarbonate (PC)
Section 4 - (Experts Having Fun) Polycraft World Competitions --Coming soon
4.1 - A flamethrower, jetpack aerial battle for air supremacy.
4.2 - The floor is lava: bouncing your way into an air castle.
Version 1.4.10: - 11/05/18
- This is an "ex-whitelist"! You no longer need a polycraftworld.com account to log in and play on our servers. To get your own private property, however, you will need to register! You may do so from the game by simply typing in "/register <email>" in the chat bar.
- See our polycraftworld.com website to see related updates to the look & feel of our landing page and an improved registration process.
- the "/goto" command now works just like the "~tp" command, with both commands providing user feedback in-case something went wrong. Not in a private property? Invalid private property coordinates? Don't own a private property? The different error conditions will return a specific chat message alerting you of the problem!
- Global Chat is available on all servers. Playing on Beryllium and noticed that someone new just logged in? Feel free to say hi from anywhere in the world and invite them to join you in your polycrafting adventures!
- Sayonara, Phase Shifter! While still available in Creative mode & single-player mode, it is merely a decorative object. Thank you for your service, kind item.
- Client-Side updates include deleting Whitelist/Friends/Private Property information when you log out of a server, enabling you to log out and into various servers without having to reset your client.
- Press X in-game to see our upcoming challenge room & experiments GUI. Stay tuned - we'll be launching our new challenge room server soon!
Version 1.4.8: - 04/17/18
- Added Synthetic Grips: can only be added to composite and engineered tools.
- Engineered and composite tools are much more efficient then vanilla tools.
- Some recipe fixes
- Jet Pack refuel recipe has been changed to accommodate smaller 2x2 crafting table
Welcome to Polycraft World - Version 1.4.0 Released - On Friday, Nov. 13 at 2:30 p.m. CST, we updated the UT Dallas servers with a new Polycraft World Mod JAR and installer. We have added a Bioengineering focus, so that you can take DNA and cells from mobs, heat and culture the cells, grow animals and synthesize mobs. This means you can now more easily bring animals to a watery base. We have made minor recipe modifications. We have set the stage for our economics engine, with Inventory Swap and World Merge. If you change your Master World, the update will not propagate until the next time the servers restart, each morning (CST). This prevents inter-world item stack arbitrage. Enjoy...
Version 1.4.0: - Coming soon 11/13/15, an odd date.
- Added Inventory Swaps
- Added Bioengineering via Cell Culture Dishes, DNA Samplers, and Spawn Eggs.
- Removed the recipe for the Phase Shifter and the Magic Pogo Stick. Don't worry, these are still available in creative mode for your offline entertainment.
- Added the Beryllium server and World Merge to sync among all three active servers: Helium, Lithium and Beryllium. Helium is for alpha and beta testers and is where the work on UT Dallas campus occurs. This is limited to a very small group. Lithium and Beryllium are the public world servers.
- Each night between 4 and 5 a.m. CST, World Merge occurs. Master worlds will change over at this point and remain for the next 24 hours to circumvent arbitrage. World merge takes all the most recent updates from all private properties on all servers and pushes them to our cloud (Microsoft Azure) storage. Changes are then propagated to all servers. Thus, your private properties will be consistent across the universe of Polycraft World Servers.
- Fixed whitelist, server, portal communications by passing all usernames as lowercase strings to accommodate capitalization issues.
- Fixed recipes for making Powder Keg (PolyVinyl Chloride Pellets) and Sack (PolyVinyl Chloride Pellets) so that cleanrooms can be constructed.
- Added in recipes for different versions of nylon and enabled the production of a Parachute.
- Fixed issues with random teleporting when you enter forbidden properties.
- Fixed issues that teleport you to the surface if you run into forbidden properties while mining.
- Added Base Camps, single chunk private properties in the southeast. Once you figure out their coordinates, you can teleport back and forth from them to your private property and use them for more efficient mining.
- Silicon and cinnabar will only spawn in chunks that had not been loaded when they were added, so you will have to do some exploring to find these materials.
See less recent Polycraft World Versions.
Found Bugs? Want to help?
We will continue to update the game to fix bugs and add compelling content into the future. Thank you for your support. Interested in programming? building new in-game items? working to make the wiki? general helping? Trust us, there's plenty of fun stuff to do. Shoot an email to the Polycraft World team at [email@example.com].