Welcome to Polycraft World
Minecraft is a popular world builder computer game in which each voxel in an artificial world represents a block of material such as wood, dirt, stone, water, glass, etc. Players are immersed in a 3-D world in which each block can be mined, chopped, dug or harvested and rebuilt elsewhere. Players collect resources to build better tools, collect rare resources and begin to build civilizations on massive multiplayer servers. Every 10 minutes, night falls and enemies emerge. Players must fight, or build structures to protect themselves. As the game progresses, players can mine materials like redstone which can be crafted into diodes, switches and triggers and allows users to build circuitry in this virtual world. YouTube videos show monumental constructions of working computers, automatic farming and mining and replica castles and civil structures. Millions of users interact in these creative virtual realms.
Polycraft World is a comprehensive mod for Minecraft that introduces features ranging from petrochemical refining and harvesting of new ore types to the construction of polymers, plastics and many specialty items based on the new additions. Enterprising players can build tree taps and extract natural rubber from trees to build rubber blocks, pogo sticks and more. Adventurers can find above ground oilfields and mine custom minerals and elements including copper, tin, nickel, platinum, palladium, silver and more... Engineers can construct machining mills to make molds from metal ingots such as titanium, magnesium, manganese, cobalt, nickel, antimony, tungsten, platinum, bismuth and aluminum and from alloys such as brass and bronze. Materials scientists can create injection molders and extruders to melt process a whole range of polymers into running shoes, scuba gear, plastic bricks, a host of gripped tools and more... Aspiring chemical engineers, can advance into the age of oil through distillation columns, steam crackers, merox treatment units and chemical processors. This allows the production of increasingly sophisticated polymers and other materials that opens the door for overpowered items such as jet packs, scuba tanks, flame throwers and phase shifters. This and more awaits in Polycraft World!
Please have patience - this is our Alpha Launch. We will continue to update the game to fix bugs and add compelling content into the future. Thank you for your support. Interested in programming? building new in-game items? working to make the wiki? general helping? Trust us, there's plenty of fun stuff to do. Shoot an email to the Polycraft World team at [email@example.com].
- List of Polycraft Items, Polycraft Inventories and Polycraft Custom Objects
- List of Polymer Pellets, Polymer Walls, Polymer Stairs, Polymer Blocks, Polymer Fibers and Polymer Bricks
- List of List of Molds, Molded Items and Gripped Tools
- List of Polycraft Ores, Compressed Blocks, Polycraft Ingots, and Polycraft Catalysts
- List of Element Vessels and Compound Vessels
Current Mod Release
Version 1.3.0 will be the first beta release and is coming out on June 6. Pre-register at our Polycraft World Portal. Full registration will open up on June 6. Hosted servers with Private Property will be available and supported by UT Dallas for at least the first 10,000 Polycrafters... Happy crafting.
Version 1.2.8 is available - Updated 5/28/2015
- Note: In this version we have fixed issues with flamethrowers (they now work as intended). We have added two new types of fueled lamps (flood lights and gaslamps). We have fixed private property to respect collision blocks around 3D inventories. We have added water cannons and freeze rays. Other minor code fixes and tweaks.
Version 1.2.3 - Updated 5/5/2015
- Note: In this version we are fixing issues with private property to scale across tens of thousands of private properties for large servers. We are providing updates to the 3D textures for the injection molder and the machining mill. We are fixing other small bugs with inventories dropping multiple items (thanks Chuck). We will also release a new texture pack to continue to refine gameplay experience.
Version 1.1.8 - Updated 3/25/2015
- Note: In this mod release we are improving the look of several of the Polycraft inventories, including the distillation column, steam cracker, chemical processor, and injection molder. These units are now much larger than they were in the previous releases. If you've set up these machines in an enclosed space, you might want to break them down before you update your mod. You'll be able to place them back afterwards, once you've made enough room to hold them.
Setup instructions for Polycraft World
1. Download and install Minecraft
2. Run the Minecraft Launcher and create a new profile
3. Choose Release Version 1.7.10 (This sets up specific folders which allows Forge to install properly)
4. Download Minecraft forge from their official site our via our mirror. This mod is currently written for compatibility with Forge 1.7.10-10.13.0.1180, the Recommended 1.7.10 Forge Install.
5. Run the Forge Installer and choose Client (this process should be fast).
6. Download the latest Polycraft .jar file (e.g. Polycraft-1.2.8.jar)
7. Place the .jar file in your "%AppData%/.minecraft/mods" folder for Windows users or in the "~Library/Application Support/Minecraft/mods" folder for Mac users.
8. Launch Minecraft again.
9. Edit the Profile you created and selected the Appropriate Forge Release Version (e.g. "release 1.7.10-Forge10.13.0.1180").
10. Launch the Game and Enjoy Polycraft World
11. Note: You must have Java 7 installed. Java 8 will not work with this version of Forge. You do not have to uninstall Java 8, simply point your Java JVM args to Java 7. Follow these instructions for installing Java 7.
12. Optional, but highly recommended: Place the resourcepack in in your "%AppData%/.minecraft/resourcepacks" folder for Windows users or in the "~Library/Application Support/Minecraft/resourcepacks" folder for Mac users. One you start the game, hit Esc, then click Options, the click Resource Packs, the click on the resource pack you have selected to move it from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen. Now you can enjoy a more richly texture Polycraft World Experience. Do not unzip the folder. Place the entire .ZIP file into the resourcepack folder as it is...
- Server Setup instructions will vary depending upon your host. The same .jar file (for now) is suitable as the server mods .jar. This is typically placed in the "mods" folder on your server. Ensure you are running the appropriate version of Minecraft Forge on your server. Stay tuned for more detailed instructions to implement your own private servers with private property.
Tutorials - Coming soon
Section 1 - (Basic) Getting started with your first Polymer
1.1 video - Your First Two Days of Minecraft -- START HERE if you are new to Minecraft!
1.2 video - make a crafting table
1.3 video - How to craft and deploy a tree tap
1.4 video - How to smelt your first PolyIsoprene Block
1.5 video - How to craft pogo sticks
Section 2 - (Advanced) The Polymer Tech Tree Notation
2.1 Craft (Level 1 - You will be a Level 1 Polycrafter when you make a crafting table )
- [video] - craft a machining mill and mill your first metal mold
- [video] - craft an injection molder
- video - craft an extruder
- video - mold your first processed polymer items: running shoes, grips, etc.
- video - prepare for an undersea adventure by molding scuba fins, a scuba mask and a flashlight
- video - mill your first metal die
- video - extrude your first polymer items: fibers, hoses, etc.
- [video] - craft a distillation column
2.4 Distill (Level 4 - You will be a Level 4 Polycrafter when you build a distillation column)
- video - distill your first bucket of crude oil
- video - craft an industrial oven
- video - craft your first fueled inventories: fueled lamps and spotlights
- video - how to make PolyPropylene (PP) and Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- video - auto upcycling in plastic chests: keeping your chemicals straight
- video - craft a steam cracker
2.5 Crack (Level 5 - You will be a Level 5 Polycrafter when you build a steam cracker )
- video - cracking alkanes into alkenes: a guide to better plastics faster
- video - manufacturing medium grade rubbers
- video - craft a merox treatment unit
2.6 Treat (Level 6 - You will be a Level 6 Polycrafter when you build a merox treatment unit )
- video - sweeten fuels to extend life and to power jet packs and flamethrowers
- video - craft a chemical processor
2.7 Process, Condense (Level 7 - You will be a Level 7 Polycrafter when you build a chemical processor )
- video - process plastics to improve their properties: faster shoes, better gripped tools, bouncier blocks, etc.
- video - craft a condenser
- video - craft an oil derrick
2.8 Frack (Level 8 - You will be a Level 8 Polycrafter when you build an oil derrick )
- video - petrochemical refining at scale
- video - getting to ABS and Plastic Bricks
- video - rapid construction with Plastic Bricks
Section 3 - (Expert) Engineering Automation in Polycraft
3.1 - A Drastic Fantastic Elastic Tactic: the Natural Rubber Farm (video - coming soon)
3.2 - Need for Speed: Creating a Shoe Factory to equip your server (video - coming soon)
3.3 - Handling your New Grip on Life: Mass manufacturing toward gripped tools (video - coming soon)
3.4 - Distilling it Down to the Basics: How to automate petrochemical refining (video - coming soon)
3.5 - Bouncing to New Heights: How to set up a parkour adventure (video - coming soon)
3.6 - Flame-broiled Steak - Using flame throwers and cattle to feed your server (video - coming soon)
Section 4.5 - (Advanced/Expert) Polymer Tech Trees --Coming soon
4.1 - PolyIsoPrene (Natural Rubber)
4.2 - Low Density PolyEthylene (PE)
4.3 - PolyPropylene (PP)
4.4 - PolyStyrene (PS)
4.5 - PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC)
4.6 - Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
4.7 - Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
4.8 - PolyEthylene Terephthalate (PET)
4.9 - PolyCarbonate (PC)
Section 5 - (Experts Having Fun) Polycraft World Competitions --Coming soon
5.1 - A flamethrower, jetpack aerial battle for air supremacy.
5.2 - The floor is lava: bouncing your way into an air castle.