- Polycraft World Registration Website
- 2020 BEST Robotics Polycraft COVID Challenge
- 2021 BEST Robotics Polycraft 3D Printing Challenge
- 2023 BEST Robotics - Refugee Crisis Challenge
- Polycraft World Tutorials
- Find us on Social Media: Discord | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | Reddit | Twitch | Twitter
Introduction to Polycraft World
Polycraft World is a comprehensive mod for Minecraft designed by Students & Faculty at UT Dallas that introduces features ranging from petrochemical refining and harvesting of new ore types to the construction of polymers, plastics and many specialty items based on the new additions. Enterprising players can build tree taps and extract natural rubber from trees to build rubber blocks, pogo sticks and more. Adventurers can find above ground oilfields and mine custom minerals and elements including copper, tin, nickel, platinum, palladium, silver and more... Engineers can construct machining mills to make molds from metal ingots such as titanium, magnesium, manganese, cobalt, nickel, antimony, tungsten, platinum, bismuth and aluminum and from alloys such as brass and bronze. Materials scientists can create injection molders and extruders to melt process a whole range of polymers into running shoes, scuba gear, plastic bricks, a host of gripped tools and more... Aspiring chemical engineers, can advance into the age of oil through distillation columns, steam crackers, merox treatment units and chemical processors. This allows the production of increasingly sophisticated polymers and other materials that opens the door for overpowered items such as jet packs, scuba tanks, and flame throwers. Though expansive, Polycraft World is actively played by players of all ages. We use our game to teach elementary kids all the way through college-aged students about science, chemistry, materials science, and engineering.
Want to try Polycraft World?
- To play you will need a Minecraft Microsoft account. The Base Game license will suffice.
- Go to CurseForge Polycraft World page, download and install it.
- Go to Tutorials and try to achieve the highest level.
Introduction to the 2023 BEST Robotics - Refugee Crisis Challenge
Register for the Challenge: www.polycraftworld.com
Learn about the Challenge: 2023 BEST Robotics - Refugee Crisis Challenge
We are working with BEST Robotics leadership to design a tailored, competitive challenge in an open world environment for BEST Robotics teams. For this challenge, teams will face a unique challenge in Polycraft World: a humanitarian crisis has led to Refugees needing a new community to call home, and fast! Using 3D Printers, Scanners, and recycling demolished materials, teams will build a Refugee Village with 3D printed houses and Community Buildings and advance their Village from simple dirt huts all the way to futuristic Carbon Fiber Condos.
Each team will have a private island where they will 3D Print their way through a series of technology levels (dirt, wood, Polexiglas, LEGOs, etc.) and will accumulate points rewarding their efforts. You will build homes and Community Buildings out of dirt, wood, stone, Polexiglas, LEGO blocks, bronze, stainless steel, and carbon fiber. Build more homes and community buildings to unlock more advanced technology to improve your Village. The highest scores will be awarded to teams that best solve the crisis by building a thriving Village for the Refugees.
While Minecraft knowledge will be helpful to teams, pre-existing Polycrafting knowledge will not be needed for teams to compete successfully.
Item Page Links
- List of Polycraft Items, Polycraft Inventories and Polycraft Custom Objects
- List of Polymer Pellets, Polymer Walls, Polymer Stairs, Polymer Blocks, Polymer Fibers and Polymer Bricks
- List of List of Molds, Molded Items and Gripped Tools
- List of Polycraft Ores, Compressed Blocks, Polycraft Ingots, and Polycraft Catalysts
- List of Element Vessels and Compound Vessels
- Unformatted Recipes
Patches & Bug Fixes
See latest updates for patches and bug fixes here.
Found Bugs? Want to help?
We will continue to update the game to fix bugs and add compelling content into the future. Thank you for your support. Interested in programming? building new in-game items? working to make the wiki? general helping? Trust us, there's plenty of fun stuff to do. Shoot an email to the Polycraft World team at [firstname.lastname@example.org].