Difference between revisions of "Private Property"
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
*UseFloodlight //renamed from UseFueledLamp
Revision as of 21:12, 20 August 2015
Private property is a new concept in Polycraft World when played on UT Dallas' servers. A 7 x 7 chunk area (or 116 x 116 block area) is granted to each player when they sign up at PolycraftWorld.com. Each player can set permissions for this area for all other people and specifically for their [Friends] with override permissions. They can block all permissions for others, and prevent people from entering or interacting with blocks.
To get access to your property, register to to be whitelisted on UT Dallas servers at the Polycraft World Portal. Users will be assigned an area of private property that is 49 chunks large with 1 chunk of public land around on all sides in the North East quadrant of the map. Private property will map across all servers across the Worlds of Polycraft. Thus you will own the same chunks of private property on any different server you may log onto. We are experimenting with dynamic map editing and moving private properties across worlds. Each morning at ~4 a.m. CST, the servers will restart and remap private properties across all servers during our daily world merge.
Polycrafters can choose which server contains their master world. All other servers will allow people enter access to private property, but nothing else, to prevent abusing item transfers in and around the world merge code. This feature is essential to maintain resource supply balance across the universe of Polycraft Worlds.
In an update scheduled for late 2015, users will be able to band together to form Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) which can also acquire land through some creative new mechanisms to be revealed in the future. LLCs will be able to mint fiat currency, offer stocks and warrants, pay dividends and interact with the upcoming online auction house.
Users will be able to teleport among private properties using the following commands in the text (chat) window (hit t to open the chat window):
- ~tp pp: This sends players to the center of their own private property
- ~tp pp 3: This sends players to the center of their 4th private property (0 indexed) if they own that many...
- ~tp utd: This sends players back to 0,80,0 location of the map, which corresponds to the Trellis at UT Dallas
- ~tp pp 1020 -950: this sends players to for example the X coordinate of 1020 and Y coordinate of -950. The named location must be in a private property to which you have access. The game will find the highest suitable tile from the sky downwards and place you there.
- ~tp user username: This sends players to the same tile of another user if that user is in a private property that can be entered. Since this teleport whisks people through the sky and drops them down, this can only be used to match the X and Z coordinates, not the Y coordinate. If your friend is in a mine, you'll have to tunnel down to them.
- p: Hit p to toggle the private property text info. This is not done in the type interface but during normal gameplay.
- hold o when p has been toggled on: o brings up the options you have given to common users in your private property.
Note: you can only teleport to private property and only if you are currently inside of private property
Rules about private property
You can set option permissions at the Polycraft World Portal for your own private property. These include the following:
- UseFloodlight //renamed from UseFueledLamp
- MountEntity //horse, donkey, mule, pig, minecart, boat, etc
Private Property on Private Servers
As of Version 1.3.0, Polycraft World will fully support private property on servers that have been properly configured. By the end of the fall, we hope to provide guidelines on how to configure your own personal servers with private property (Warning: this is quite complex and involves maintaining your own database server in addition to your Polycraft Server).