Polycraft World Versions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:28, 9 November 2015 by Wev012000 (Created page with "==Description== On this page, we will keep a record of the major bugs and accomplishments from each of the different versions of Polycraft World. ==Versions== [http://poly...")
On this page, we will keep a record of the major bugs and accomplishments from each of the different versions of Polycraft World.
- Note: This version is the last beta release.
- Communication: We have tweaked major communication mechanics in the game to prevent text griefing on large servers. Default communication distance has been set at 32 blocks. Voice cones allow 64 block communication. Megaphones allow 128 block communications. Walky Talkies allow communications on select frequencies to others with Walky Talkies on that frequency up to 1,024 blocks away. HAM Radios allow communication on select frequencies to others with HAM radios up to 8,096 blocks away. Cell phones replace the "/tell" command. To use a cell phone type "username: message." Smart phones allow communications over arbitrary distances with other smart phone users. In a future update this will limit communication to only portal friends when using smart phones.
- Photolithography: We have introduced the concept of a cleanroom and a contact printer that allows manufacture of integrated circuits. Cleanrooms must be built from Blocks (PVC) floors, Blocks (PP), pipes or stained glass walls and ceilings. There is list of allowed items in a cleanroom.
- Minor recipe tweaks
- Updated ~tp command to take you to the center of your Private Property
- Updated ~tp user username to teleport you to a specific user if they are in a property to which you have access.
- Added world merging code to pull and sync private properties from across the Polycraft World Universe of servers.
- Built in back-end to manage scholarship competitions which begins Sept. 3, 2015.
- Note: This version is the first beta release and is available at our Polycraft World Portal. Full registration is open. Hosted servers with Private Property are available and supported by UT Dallas for at least the first 10,000 Polycrafters... Happy crafting.
Version 1.2.8 is available - Updated 5/28/2015
- Note: In this version we have fixed issues with flamethrowers (they now work as intended). We have added two new types of fueled lamps (flood lights and gaslamps). We have fixed private property to respect collision blocks around 3D inventories. We have added water cannons and freeze rays. Other minor code fixes and tweaks.
Version 1.2.3 - Updated 5/5/2015
- Note: In this version we are fixing issues with private property to scale across tens of thousands of private properties for large servers. We are providing updates to the 3D textures for the injection molder and the machining mill. We are fixing other small bugs with inventories dropping multiple items (thanks Chuck). We will also release a new texture pack to continue to refine gameplay experience.
Version 1.1.8 - Updated 3/25/2015
- Note: In this mod release we are improving the look of several of the Polycraft inventories, including the distillation column, steam cracker, chemical processor, and injection molder. These units are now much larger than they were in the previous releases. If you've set up these machines in an enclosed space, you might want to break them down before you update your mod. You'll be able to place them back afterwards, once you've made enough room to hold them.