Welcome to Polycraft World
Minecraft is a popular world builder computer game in which each voxel in an artificial world represents a block of material such as wood, dirt, stone, water, glass, etc. Players are immersed in a 3-D world in which each block can be mined, chopped, dug or harvested and rebuilt elsewhere. Players collect resources to build better tools, collect rare resources and begin to build civilizations on massively multiplayer servers. Every 10 minutes, night falls and enemies emerge. Players must fight, or build structures protect themselves. As the game progresses, players can mine materials like redstone which can be crafted into diodes, switches and triggers and allows users to build circuitry in this virtual world. YouTube videos show monumental constructions of working computers, automatic farming and mining and replica castles and civil structures. Millions of users interact in these creative virtual realms.
Polycraft World is a comprehensive mod for Minecraft that introduces features ranging from petrochemical refining and harvesting of new ore types to the construction of polymers, plastics and many specialty items based on the new additions. Enterprising players can build tree taps and extract natural rubber from trees to build rubber blocks, pogo sticks and more. Adventurers can find above ground oilfields and mine custom minerals and elements including copper, tin, nickel, platinum, palladium, silver and more... Engineers can construct machining mills to make molds from metal ingots such as titanium, magnesium, manganese, cobalt, nickel, antimony, tungsten, platinum, bismuth and aluminum and from alloys such as brass and bronze. Materials scientists can create injection molders and extruders to melt process a whole range of polymers into running shoes, scuba gear, plastic bricks, a host of gripped tools and more... Aspiring chemical engineers, can advance into the age of oil through distillation columns, steam crackers, merox treatment units and chemical processors. This allows the production of increasingly sophisticated polymers and other materials that opens the door for overpowered items such as jet packs, scuba tanks, flame throwers and phase shifters. This and more awaits in Polycraft World.
Please have patience -- this is our Alpha Launch We will continue to update the game to fix bugs and add compelling content into the future. Thanks for your support.
- List of Polycraft Items, Polycraft Inventories and Polycraft Custom Objects
- List of Polymer Pellets, Polymer Walls, Polymer Stairs, Polymer Blocks, Polymer Fibers and Polymer Bricks
- List of List of Molds, Molded Items and Gripped Tools
- List of Polycraft Ores, Compressed Blocks, Polycraft Ingots, and Polycraft Catalysts
- List of Element Vessels and Compound Vessels
Setup instructions for Polycraft World
1. Download and install Minecraft
2. Run the Minecraft Launcher and create a new profile
3. Choose Release Version 1.7.2 (This sets up specific folders which allows Forge to install properly)
4. Download Minecraft forge from their official site our via our mirror. This mod is currently written for compatibility with Forge 1.7.2-10.12.2.1121, the Recommended 1.7.2 Forge Install.
5. Run the Forge Installer and choose Client (this process should be fast).
6. Download the latest Polycraft .jar file (e.g. Polycraft-1.0.0.jar)
7. Place the .jar file in your "%AppData%/.minecraft/mods" folder for Windows users or in the "~Library/Application Support/Minecraft/mods" folder for Mac users.
8. Launch Minecraft again.
9. Edit the Profile you created and selected the Appropriate Forge Release Version (e.g. "release 1.7.2-Forge10.12.2.1121").
10. Launch the Game and Enjoy Polycraft World
- Server Setup instructions will vary depending upon your host. The same .jar file (for now) is suitable as the server mods .jar. This is typically placed in the "mods" folder on your server. Ensure you are running the appropriate version of Minecraft Forge on your server.
Tutorials - Coming soon
Section 1 - (Basic) Getting started with your first Polymer
1.1 Your First Two Days of Minecraft -- START HERE if you are new to Minecraft!
1.2 How to craft and deploy a Level 1 tree tap (video - coming soon)
1.3 How to smelt your first Level 2 PolyIsoprene Block (video - coming soon)
1.4 How to craft Level 2 pogo sticks (video - coming soon)
Section 2 - (Advanced) The Polymer Tech Tree Notation
Level 0 - Inventory Craft (this is the Tech level where you start the game)
Level 1 - Level 0 + Craft
- (video - craft a crafting table)
Level 2 - Level 1 + Smelt
- (video - craft a furnace)
Level 3 - Level 2 + Mill
- (video - craft a machining mill) (wiki help)
- (video - mill your first metal mold)
- (video - then craft an injection molder)
- (video - mold your first polymer items)
- (video - mold flippers, scuba masks and flashlights: getting ready for undersea adventure)
- (video - mold and craft your first gripped tool)
- (video - mill your first metal die)
- (video - then craft an extruder)
- (video - extrude your first polymer items)
Level 4 - Level 3 + Distill
- (video - craft a distillation column)
- (video - distilling your first oil)
- (video - craft an industrial oven (will be functional as a mass-smelter upon a future Polycraft World release))
- (video - your first fueled inventories: fueled lamps and spotlights)
Level 5 - Level 4 + Crack
- (video - craft a steam cracker)
- (video - how and why to crack alkanes into alkenes: a guide to better plastics)
- (video - auto upcycling in plastic chests: keeping your chemicals straight)
Level 6 - Level 5 + Treat
- (video - craft a merox treatment unit)
- (video - sweetening fuels for longer life, for the environment and to power jetpacks and flamethrowers)
Level 7 - Level 6 + Process
- (video - craft a chemical processor)
- (video - keeping the gloves on: making advanced plastics with superior properties, i.e. faster shoes, better gripped tools, bouncier blocks, overpowered items)
Level 8 - Level 7 + Frack
- (video - craft an oil derrick)
- (video - petrochemical refining at scale)
- (video - getting to ABS and Plastic Bricks)
- (video - rapid construction with Plastic Bricks)
Section 3 - (Expert) Engineering Automation in Polycraft
3.1 - A Drastic Fantastic Elastic Tactic: the Natural Rubber Farm (video - coming soon)
3.2 - Need for Speed: Creating a Shoe Factory to equip your server (video - coming soon)
3.3 - Handling your New Grip on Life: Mass manufacturing toward gripped tools (video - coming soon)
3.4 - Distilling it Down to the Basics: How to automate petrochemical refining (video - coming soon)
3.5 - Bouncing to New Heights: How to set up a parkour adventure (video - coming soon)
3.6 - Flame-broiled Steak - Using flame throwers and cattle to feed your server (video - coming soon)
Section 4 - (Advanced/Expert) Polymer Tech Trees --Coming soon
4.1 - PolyIsoPrene (Natural Rubber)
4.2 - Low Density PolyEthylene (PE)
4.3 - PolyPropylene (PP)
4.4 - PolyStyrene (PS)
4.5 - PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC)
4.6 - Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
4.7 - Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
4.8 - PolyEthylene Terephthalate (PET)
4.9 - PolyCarbonate (PC)
Section 5 - (Experts Having Fun) Polycraft World Competitions --Coming soon
5.1 - A flamethrower, jetpack aerial battle for air supremacy.
5.2 - The floor is lava: bouncing your way into an air castle.