List of Rubbers
Rubbers are kinds of polymers that happen to be elastic (stretchy) at use temperatures. Thus out of the more than 100 polymers that Polycrafters can make, some of them (listed below) happen to be rubbers based on their materials properties. This page explains the kinds of rubbers that Polycrafters can make and why they are useful. In general rubbers can be used in the injection molder, the extruder and the crafting table to create a host of Polycraft items with exciting new and old functionalities.
|Rubber||Abbreviation||Raw Material||Tech Level||Rating (Pressure, Toughness)|
|Natural Rubber||NR||Bag (PolyIsoPrene Pellets)||1||Low|
|Butyl Rubber||BR||Bag (PolyIsoButylene Pellets)||5||Medium|
|Synthetic Rubber||PBR (low grade)||Bag (PolyButadiene (low-cis) Pellets)||5||Medium|
|Synthetic Rubber||PBR (high grade)||Bag (PolyButadiene (high-cis) Pellets)||5||Medium|
|Engineered Rubber||SBR||Bag (Styrene-Butadiene Rubber Pellets)||8||High|
|Engineered Rubber||HBR||Bag (Nitrile-Butadiene Rubber Pellets)||8||High|
|Engineered Rubber||HNBR||Bag (Hydrogenated Nitrile-Butadiene Rubber Pellets)||8||High|
|Extreme Rubber||CIIR||Bag (Chlorine Isobutylene-Isoprene Rubber Pellets)||8+||Extreme|
|Extreme Rubber||BIIR||Bag (Bromine Isobutylene-Isoprene Rubber Pellets)||8+||Extreme|
|Extreme Rubber||EPDM||Bag (Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer Pellets)||8+||Extreme|
|Extreme Rubber||EVA||Bag (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate Pellets)||8+||Extreme|
|Extreme Rubber||PUR||Bag (PolyUrethane Pellets)||8+||Extreme|
This page lists several (non-comprehensive) examples of rubber products. Each specific Polycraft Item page will detail the specifics. This page is meant as a guide to processing rubbers and in many cases, different types of rubbers or rubber products can be substituted into the recipes.
Recipes for the Injection Molder:
- A Grip (Natural Rubber) as the name implies, is only made with PolyIsoPrene Pellets. Grips are injection molded and can be used to improve existing Minecraft tools in a crafting table in a shapeless manner. See the list of gripped tools for more details.
- Running shoes (walker, jogger, and runner versions) are made from all classes below extreme rubbers
- Running Shoes (Sprinter) are made through intermediates by making extreme rubber insoles, midsoles and outsoles and combining them on the crafting table with engineering thermoplastics such as Nylon.
- Scuba Fins (all classes)
- Scuba Mask (all classes) - Note: Masks with Lights must be subsequently crafted
- Gaskets (all classes)
- Life Preserver (NR, SBR, EVA)
- Hose (all classes)
- Fibers, Tethers and Cords (limited implementation as of version 1.1.2)
- Rubber Armor of all kinds following standard crafting recipes with rubber pellets